Are you considering a Lighting Control System for your home? Here are 10 great benefits on how a Lighting Control System can improve your lifestyle.
- Get rid of all the wall acne! Chances are the rooms in your home have more than one lighting fixture which means several light switches on a wall. A lighting control system would remove them all from the wall and replace them with one keypad that has several button controls for all the lights in the space.
- Control all the lights with one button press. A lighting control system has the ability to program an unlimited number of scenes for all the spaces in your home. Imagine hitting a HOME button that lights a path from your garage into your kitchen. This is a great feature when your hands are full and you need to safely get into the house.
- Never worry about your landscape lights again. A lighting control system can provide an astronomical time clock that always knows when its sunrise and sunset so your landscape lights always know when to turn on and off.
- Control your lights from your iPhone or iPad. We’ve all experienced sitting comfortably on the sofa about to play a movie when we’ve realized that the lights were still on in the kitchen. Now you can control the lights with your iPhone. Don’t get up! Conveniently access all the lights in your home from a lighting app.
- Dimming lights saves energy. Incorporating dimmers in a lighting control system means you can program your lights to never go above 75%. Lower the light levels in your space and see a reduction in your electric bill.
- Dimming extends the life of your bulbs. With a system that can dim all the lights in your home you will not only be saving energy but also extending the life of the bulbs – saving time and money.
- Set the scene. Having an intimate dinner party with friends? Set the mood with dim lights throughout the space for a more relaxed feeling. Improve productivity with task lighting. A button named CLEAN UP can turn up the lights to 100% so a room is more visible for cleaning.
- Integrate your lights with your home automation system. Already have an automation system in your home? Why not add your lights into the system for additional control. Lighting control presets can allow your lights to turn on when your security systems is set off. You can also control other systems in your house (i.e. Audio/Video) with your lighting keypads.
- Never again have lights on in an empty room. We have all experienced walking into an empty room with the lights on. A lighting control system can prevent this from happening by using an occupancy sensor that will automatically shut the lights off when a room is vacant.
- LED bulbs can dim. Thinking about switching the bulbs in your home but you want to make sure they can dim? LED bulbs can be tested with various dimmers to find the one that dims them just right. Many of the dimmers in lighting control systems can dim LED bulbs down to .5% similar to incandescent bulbs.
For more information on the Benefits of a Lighting Control System please contact our lighting team.